Hotel and Restaurant Edelweiss is the perfect base for anyone looking to explore the Lötschental valley. This modern hotel is deeply rooted in its village and valley setting, boasting 23 charming, comfortable and practical rooms that were fully refurbished in 2016.
You can sit back and relax in the bright and airy wellness area after a busy day for a cosy treat. Or why not indulge in some typical Swiss delicacies, including an extensive selection of local produce from the Upper Valais region paired with exquisite wines from the canton of Valais – the perfect way to refuel ahead of your next voyage of discovery.
The family who runs the hotel, now in its third generation, are wonderful hosts who will make sure you have everything you need. They’re on hand to offer you hints and tips in line with their motto: One foot in the hotel, the other in a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Our hotel, which has been awarded as a hiking and wintersports hotel, offers you:
- quiet location at the edge of the village of Blatten
- 3 minutes from the bus stop Blatten village
- the cable car on the Lauchernalp can be reached by bus or car in 10 minutes
- many hikes, Ski and snowshoe tours can be started directly from the house
- Cross-country ski trail and snow ice rink in the immediate vicinity of the hotel
- wonderful view from the room balconies and the restaurant terrace
- Luggage transport from any SBB luggage counter and back (chargeable)
- sufficient hotel-owned parking spaces and hotel-owned charging station for e-cars.
- comprehensive lunch service for your hikes
- village store open daily for you except Sundays
- Free digital access to several thousand newspapers and magazines
Furthermore: The guest card includes the use of the post bus in the valley as well the visit of the museum are included!
Charlotte and Lukas Kalbermatten-Ritler and team are looking forward to your visit!
The Hotel Edelweiss has been a member of the Best 3 Stars Hotel Switzerland since 1 September! Find out more here.
Virtual hotel tour