At Silencehotel Edelweiss in Blatten, you have the chance to combine your work with a cultural event without having to go to any trouble at all. Pair our modern seminar services with authentic experiences based on the unique wealth of culture and tradition the Lötschental valley has to offer.
Hotel owner Lukas Kalbermatten has been involved in local politics for more than a decade. He offers his guests an insight into the Lötschental valley and all its unique features and rough edges every single day. Our hotel is a fantastic venue for a working visit thanks to our 23 bedrooms (all of which were completely refurbished in 2016), a light and modern seminar room that holds up to 12 people and a hall that can be set up for seminars with up to 25 participants. If you’ve got a larger seminar or meeting in mind, the multi-purpose hall in the village is the ideal location.
Located between the Pennine and Bernese Alps, the Lötschental valley was isolated for centuries – especially during the winter months. This is how languages, customs and traditions have been maintained here that were lost elsewhere in the Alpine range. Since the construction of the Lötschberg railway and the Goppenstein train station, the Lötschental valley has come to be a central place to live and a top holiday destination. You can get to Blatten from Visp in 30 minutes, from Sion in 50 minutes and from Bern in 90 minutes. There are fantastic train connections between 6 a.m. and 1 a.m. the following morning. That’s another compelling reason to retreat to this nearby valley to work together as a team and expose yourself to a varied cultural landscape while you’re here.
Silencehotel Edelweiss features the following amenities:
- 1 seminar room for up to 12 people, including a projector, a large pinboard and whiteboard, a fixed line internet connection and Wi-Fi
- The option to set up the dining room for seminars with up to 25 participants
- 23 comfortable hotel rooms featuring a balcony, shower/bath facilities, a toilet, TV, radio, safe and Wi-Fi
- Dorfrestaurant seating 35 diners and panoramic terrace seating 60
- 25 parking spaces, postbus stop 3 minutes away and a taxi service with our hotel’s own bus
- Swiss cuisine featuring local produce and local wines
- Wellness area with sauna/sanarium
Please read the special notes on large events with up to 120 attendees.
Our 23 hotel rooms were all fully refurbished in 2016. They come with comfortable furnishings and practical features, finished off with a touch of Alpine charm. Enjoy some ‘me’ time, admire the wonderful view from the balcony in your room and get some work done in a beautiful holiday destination. If you do end up with some extra time for relaxation, we recommend heading to our wellness area, which is designed in the style of an old Tellin lodge.
Treats for your taste buds
The canton of Valais is known for a number of culinary specialities. And it’s our mission to give you a chance to try some local produce. With our varied menu and traditional business lunches, we promise that nobody attending your seminar or meeting will get bored with the food and drink on offer.
- Tuck into a sumptuous raclette and sample three different delicious cheeses.
- Enjoy a Valais-themed evening with a buffet full of specialities and tales from the Lötschental valley.
- Join us for breakfast by the stream (in July and August).
- Head along to a fun-filled mountain lodge party at Restaurant Tellialp (only in summer).
- Treat yourself to some farm shop produce at Dani’s Lamm and soak up the wonderfully unique atmosphere.
Combine your seminar with some cultural exploration, a group event or a culinary experience. Your host Lukas Kalbermatten personally oversees all events on offer as your guide, with some requiring experts to come along too.
- Guided tour of the village including visit to the sawmill, mill and textile mill complex and the village oven
- Guided tour of the cultural landscape of Kühmad, including visit to the pilgrimage chapel and the rustic farming village of Kühmad
- Visit to the Blaue Stube exhibition in Wiler with a Valais-themed aperitif included
- Experience a unique custom – find out what it feels like to put on a mask and become a Tschäggätta
- Carve masks at the mask workshop in Ferden
- Bake rye bread in the old Blatten village oven
- Learn the local language and listen to stories at an evening storytelling session
- Listen to tales from the Lötschental valley before bed
- Loosen up your stomach muscles and laughing muscles by playing some old games from the Lötschental valley